To celebrate the end of our exams, we had a mini baking session today!
so glad that the boyfriend’s sister, fiona kinda shares my interest.. my sis and cm are only interested in the eating bit. -.-||
it’s fun to have company during the baking process and she had a blast decorating the cupcakes with the sprinkles and cherries!
it’s my first attempt at decorating cupcakes and i think it went quite well..
we both think that the cupcakes taste great (i think the icing is a lil too sweet IMO), cm adores the icing and could polish off the entire bowl if i didn’t stop him in time :p
Vanilla Cupcakes with Glace Frosting
Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe from cupcake-creations
150g softened butter
150g fine sugar
175g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
2. Combine the butter, sugar, flour and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Add in the eggs last and beat till smooth and creamy
3. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake for 18-20 min until risen and firm to the touch
4. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before icing
Simple Glace Frosting from all-about-cupcakes
2cups icing sugar
3tbsp softened butter
2tbsp lemon juice
1. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and add in the butter and lemon juice
2. Mix until smooth
3. Embark on the decorating and have fun!🙂